what is i nom things? in short, it’s a confessional. i love to cook. i love to eat. i love to dine. and i like to document things that i love.
photos? you like? lately i’ve been shooting with a nikon d90 with 35mm f-stop 1.8 lens. it’s always on aperture mode. other than that, everything is auto!
i used to use a canon SD-560 before the big baby came into our lives. and, sometimes i like to take photos with my lomo LC-A with Russian lens. i’m also quite smitten with my iPhone with the Toy Camera application.
warning: if you steal, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your pubic area. no, srsly. don’t steal.
questions? comments? want to use my photos? email me at inomthings[at]gmail[dot]com.
other stuff that ila does: do you like my drawings? do you read Japanese? there’s more at torokenai cheese, my doodle blog.
i write, photograph, and doodle everything on this blog.
i’m half japanese, half vietnamese, and fully californian – originally from the san jose bay area, but currently reside in south OC with my other half, Don, and our 5 parrots.
i currently work as a cook
in LA and go to cooking school in the OC.
Don is my husband (or, the-boyfriend-i-made-the-curry-for), and he’s an awesome dude. he cheers me on with this cooking venture shindig, fixes things around the house and studies brains for a living.
10 things about me
1. my diet consists of 50% fruits, 20% carbs, 20% vegetables, and 10% meat. needless to say, i am pretty useless when presented with a raw hamburger patty.
2. i’m not much of a wino. i tried. i really did. but i just like craft beer a lot more.
3. current favorite beer: imperial white orchid @ bruery provisions series
4. but then again… mixologists are pretty hot too. (the vest. THE VEST. it adds hotness by the two-fold)
5. that said. current favorite cocktail: frisco @ Chapter One: the modern local
6. current favorite song: senses fail “can’t be saved”
7. i practice yoga and pilates at home so that i can reach stuff at work. (here is why)
8. i have an insatiable lust for mid century modern furniture.
9. i am a grant achatz fan girl but foams and bubbles scare me.
10. i cuss way too much for a very short asian woman.